We love cooked breakfasts @ home. Pancake Sunday is one of our weekly routines.
Pancakes with berries are particularly luxurious during the summer months.
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup organic cane sugar
3 tbs coconut butter melted
2 organic eggs (yolks and whites split up)
1/3 cup organic milk
2 tsp sour cream
1/4 cup organic lemon juice
Syrup (maple, golden, apple or anything you like)
1 punnet each of: strawberries, blueberries and raspberries (I also use sweet marinated olives)
(I tend to use organic ingredients for pancakes because the mixture needs to rest for 4 hours or overnight in order to make thick fluffy pancakes)
- Whip whites to stiff peak and set aside.
- Whip wet ingredients.
- Whip in dry ingredients.
- Fold in egg whites – don’t mix, FOLD using cutting motion.
- Cover and leave in fridge for four hours or overnight.
- Fry in heated and oiled heavy base pan (I use a cast iron pan for even heat distribution).
- Serve hot with syrup and berries.